Linz? Why?Jan 17th, 2013 | By hen | Category: Anton Bruckner Choir Competition, Choir Events, Featured Articles, Top Post
1) Choirs from 12 nations have already confirmed, among them even an ensemble consisting of former members of the world famous Thomanerchor (St. Thomas Choir) of Leipzig.
2) The spring atmosphere in Linz is always wonderful. Daily life happens in the streets and in the evenings you will meet many interesting people when strolling around.
3) Visit Anton Bruckner’s tomb in Stift St. Florian and sing his “Locus Iste” right here, under the Basilica’s organ.
4) NEW FEATURE in Linz: This year you can learn from international choral experts in evaluation performances and individual coachings here.
5) It’s a great experience for every choir to sing in Brucknerhaus, the concert hall is fantastic.
6) The festival choir performance of Anton Bruckner’s “Te Deum” will be accompanied by the international renowned Dóhnanyi Orchester Budapest, one of Hungary’s most renowned symphony orchestras.
7) Linz people are great. Just remember 2011, when the friendly attendant in Brucknerhaus gave his jacket to
oblivious nervous choir members twice.
8) The winner of the Anton Bruckner Choir Prize 2013 will receive a win bonus of 2000 Euros.
9) From the performance to the Danube. The Brucknerhaus is located directly at the river, a lovely place in good weather.
10) Linz cake! The world’s oldest cake recipe, must taste! (It’s yummy!)
Registration deadline for this event is January 31. What are you waiting for?