Sing’n’Joy in the Muhammad Ali CenterSep 6th, 2013 | By hen | Category: Choir Events, Featured Articles, Sing'n'Joy Louisville, Top Post
The Muhammad Ali Museum is an award-winning museum dedicated to the life of boxing great, Muhammad Ali which opened in 2005. The museum is based upon Ali’s six core principles: Confidence, Conviction, Dedication, Giving, Respect, and Spirituality. In 2011 the museum was awarded the Best Cultural Attraction in the state of Kentucky. It’s really worth a visit, since, for example, permanent exhibits in the Museum include
- “If You Can Dream Orientation Theater” which shows a video of Muhammad Ali’s life and introduces his core principles
- The Pavilions which highlight the core principles
- The Greatest Film which timelines Ali’s successes in the ring with memorabilia
- Train with Ali, an interactive exhibit that allows visitors to experience boxing techniques
- Ali All the Time, a theater that shows 15 of his most famous fights.
- Lighting the Way which re-lives the moment when Muhammad Ali carried the Olympic torch during the 1996 Opening Ceremonies in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Hope and Dream Wall which shows artwork from children around the globe
- Global Voices which shows visitors drawings, poems, and messages from people around the globe about what they think is special.